Feb 1, 2012

CUTE HAIRSTYLE!!!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in like FOREVER, but with homework and my school musical it's been crazy as ever! Just thought I'd do a quick post!

I know Valentines Day is just two short weeks away, so I thought I'd give you a cute hairstyle now so you can practice and perfect it for the big day!

This hairstyle may seem daunting at first, but this was actually the first time I've ever done it, and I think it turned out great! Here it is:

Front View!

Back View!

Right Side!

Left Side!

Top! This is the intricate weave I will be explaining!

Okay, so I know it's a little hard to see because my JLY doll's hair is black, but is you look closely, the top of her hair is actually weaved and separated into pigtails! Here's what you do! (Sorry I didn't take step-by-step pics! I will next time!)

1. Take the front part of hair (where the "bangs" area would be around) and separate that in half.

2. put one half aside. Separate one half into three (about) equal sections.

3. Separate loose hair in back of head into two parts; these will be the pigtails. Tie off loosely.

4. On a diagonal, twist each section one at a time and add to the pigtail on the opposite side (example: If I was twisting the hair from the left side, I would twist it diagonally into the right pigtail). Continue until all three sections are twisted and in the pigtail. (It doesn't have to be perfect, you'll be fixing them later!)

5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the other side until all three sections of hair are twisted into the opposite pigtail.

6. Take out the second pigtail you did. Weave the twists through the twists of the first pigtail. Re-twist tightly, and create final pigtail.

7. Take out the first pigtail you did.  Re-twist tightly, and create final pigtail.

You're DONE!

Hopefully, this won't be too hard to replicate on the first try, but remember: Practice makes perfect! Keep working on it! Also, don't rush! Take your time! This style takes approximately 15-30 minutes, so make sure you have enough time to really work on it!

If you follow the steps and look at the pictures, you should have your own twisted hairstyle in no time!

Thanks fo reading, and please comment a) how this hairstyle worked/ didn't work on your doll, and b) if you would like to see more hairstyles!!

1 comment: